August 29, 2008

so... this is it.
it's my last night here. all but a couple small things are moved. steve yi came over to help me clean tonight. you have no idea how thankful i was and still am for that totally random offer. i probably would have been up all night if it were not for him. i had planned on doing it all myself and being done at 10:00pm, but the thing is... whenever i make an estimate of how long something will take to do, it usually ends up taking about triple the amount of time i thought it would. this is just something you will have to accept about me. it doesn't work to take into account that something will take much longer than i thought it would, because the phenomenon occurs with relationship to my honest assessment and announcement of time, rather than having anything to do with the actual task being performed. it's just part of how i do, so deal with it.

tomorrow the carpets will get cleaned, and then i will bid farewell to my little space. it's not so much the leaving that is weird about this all-- it's the idea that i can never go back. the space will never be as it was, and i cannot go back to it. that is weird to me.

give me a moment while i think about this.

No comments: